Chain Gang.jpg
Hope.Meaningful Adventure 2010
5.jpg
sanja bohinc.jpg
Tim's Sri Lanka 023.jpg
Guatemala March 06 057.jpg
site nov06.jpg
HDQTRS.JPG


Join the movement to create sustainable change

by supporting development projects abroad.


What's NEW:

Donate your Aeroplan Miles & help fly hope around the world!

If you have Aeroplan miles, you can give back this holiday season by donating them to DWC! This is our 5th year participating in Aeroplan's Beyond Miles 30-day contribution campaign! Aeroplan members can donate their unused miles to Developing World Connections, and in turn, we use them for our national and international travel needs. These donated miles mean that instead of spending valuable dollars on necessary travel costs, we can now funnel that money directly into our programs and projects. Our goal is to raise 150,000 miles before the campaign ends on January 1st, 2015. If we reach 90% of that goal, Aeroplan will donate the remaining 10%.  

>>
Visit our Aeroplan Beyond Miles campaign page to donate now!


Join a U30 trip & travel with purpose this summer break

Ready for an adventure of a lifetime? If you're between the ages of 16 to 29 years old, you can join an Under 30 Volunteer Experience. This year, we are offering three exclusive U30 trips to Peru, Guatemala, and Nepal. These two to four week trips take place from May 2nd to 30th, 2015. In Peru, you and your teammates will be building educational facilities for working children in the barrios of Lima. In Guatemala, you'll support a family in need by constructing a new home in San Miguel Dueñas. In Nepal, our volunteers will help build a health post or latrines for a rural community in Dang. Deadline to apply is February 2nd. The earlier you register, the more time you have to fundraise to cover your costs!  

>>
Visit our U30 webpage for more information and to submit an application.


Project Spotlight: Support working children in Peru

For many children in the barrios surrounding Lima, working is part of life – a necessary and culturally acceptable way to help financially support their families. Children sell fruit, bread, water, or flour; or they work on a farm, seeding and harvesting. They often combine their work with their education by attending school during the week and working on the weekend. Our Peruvian host partner, IFEJANT, delivers essential programs and collaborates with other local organizations to provide educational and trades training opportunities for these working children.

You can join team leader, Corie McRae, from July 4th – 18th as you build facilities for IFEJANT as part of an all-ages volunteer team. This may involve adding a third floor of classrooms to the Nassae school in order to accommodate increased enrollment or finishing a community centre that will provide space for the Prominats program, an initiative that provides business and skills training. This is an ideal trip for families or high school students.  

>>
Visit our Peru page for more details.


Join our 10th anniversary volunteer trip to Sri Lanka!

2015 marks a momentous milestone for Developing World Connections as we celebrate 10 years of sending volunteers to support poverty alleviating projects in the developing world. To commemorate this special year, we're sending a team to Sri Lanka to assist with a water irrigation project in the community of Ranna. This village is near our very first project site where DWC volunteers rebuilt homes after the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami destroyed many coastal communities in Southeastern Asia. The project will help improve the livelihoods of 100 families in the area by irrigating their agricultural land. There will also anniversary celebrations during the trip which include Kandayan dancers and drummers, music, and fireworks.

The two week volunteer trip takes place from February 28th to March 14th and is being led by DWC board member and veteran team leader, Marcia Julian.

>>
For more information, please visit our Sri Lanka webpage.





Get started now! Choose your volunteer destination:

GUATEMALA -  PERU - 

KENYARWANDA - SIERRA LEONE

-  CAMBODIA  -  INDIA  - 

-  PHILIPPINES  -  SRI LANKANEPAL  - 


Volunteer and work alongside local people and experience making a real and lasting difference.  Help build hope and bring a sustainable future to those in the greatest need.

Work on a community development project selected by the host community. What are you waiting for? Meet people. Have fun. Challenge yourself.  Experience the difference you make.


Socialize with us online

Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Pinterest Icon Youtube Icon LinkedIn Icon


Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Newsletters you can trust


 
Shopping Cart

Your Cart is currently empty.