Registration has begun for the always popular DWC Golf Tournament. This year marks 13 years of generosity from our individual and corporate partners and promises contests, prizes and fabulous food and drinks. It will be a full day of fun and fundraising and there just might be a few special surprises as well.
Tee off with Developing World Connections and our presenting sponsor, Corrigan Financial, and enjoy a day on the links Wednesday, September 9, 2020. Rivershore Golf Links, Kamloops, BC will host our fun-raising on the fairways.
There are a variety of SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES to promote your business locally and showcase your support of a larger community – the global community.
Join us for this day of golf, food, prizes, and laughter, all while making a difference to those in the developing world.
FORMAT CHANGE FOR COVID-19
To address the challenges and unique circumstances Covid-19 presents we are implementing key safety measures in our tournament format to adhere to current limits for public gatherings, social distancing and adaptions for game play. These include:
- Reducing the number of golfers
- All players will have scheduled tee times
- Staggered arrival/registration time of golfers to minimize congregating
- Separate carts for each golfer as required.
- Hand sanitizer in each cart and face masks supplied for each golfer
- DWC tournament marshals will monitor tournament play to ensure social distancing is respected
- Rather than hosting an apres banquet and fundraiser indoors, an abundance of food and drink will be served outdoors on course all day
- The fundraising and auction that typically happens during the banquet will be held on course and online. Some auction items will be displayed at holes.
- The auction is moving to an online platform and instructions will be given to players on how to view items and make a bid using their phone. Being virtual, the auction will also be open to our supporters not attending the tournament.
- Throughout the day raffle and door prize draws will take place for each flight of golfers. These winners will be notified via text and they can claim their prize at the end of the round before leaving the course
Where the money goes
With measures in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19, market closures, job loss and strict government curfews have many families in the communities where DWC serves without access to necessities like food and water.
To address this humanitarian crisis, DWC’s Global Village program funds delivery of essential food, water and sanitation needs directly to families in in need. Currently we are working with our host partners in Peru, Sri Lanka and Cambodia. We are expecting that support like this will be required by other partners and communities in Africa and Asia in the coming months. As the pandemic continues to unfold in the developing world, we will expand our efforts.
Proceeds from the 2020 Golf Tournament and Auction will be directed to DWC’s emergency pandemic response through our Global Village program.
Players can sign up as a foursome or individually.
If you prefer a hard copy, please click the document version below to save to your computer. You can print it and complete by hand or use Acrobat Reader to fill in the fields, save and then email us your completed registration form.
Return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org