DWC is growing! We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual whose primary role is to support the staff and trip coordination department through clerical and administrative duties. This position provides valuable experience for anyone with a passion for international development or travel. You are a highly valued member of the DWC team and contribute to our ability to alleviate poverty and promote social justice around the world. Extensive software skills are required, as well as internet research ability and strong communication skills and a high attention to detail.
• Create and manage incoming and outgoing correspondence/mail,
• Maintain office equipment and arrange for repair/service,
• Manage inventory of office supplies and DWC trip items,
• Make travel, accommodation, meeting and other arrangements for staff and volunteers,
• Maintain filing and record management systems,
• Transfer money to international host partners,
• Make bank deposits and processi credit card payments,
• Pay invoices and undertake collections,
• Assist DWC’s Trip Co-ordinator by;
• Maintaining documentation for each of our host countries,
• Monitoring travel advisories for countries with upcoming trips,
• Assembling and sending orientation materials by post or courier,
• Setting up Team Leader packages and maintaining first aid kits,
• Providing email communications before and after trips,
• Capturing feedback surveys and providing summaries to team leaders and host partners,
• Updating forms and other promotional materials using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Publisher) and Adobe.
• Maintain office and storage room cleanliness,
• Other related duties as required.
• Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher),
• Detail oriented,
• Problem-solving skills,
• Strong verbal and written communications skills,
• Ability to take initiative with minimal supervision,
• Positive, friendly attitude, team oriented,
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple deadlines,
• Experience in an office setting and/or administration background an asset.
This is a one-year, 24-hour-per-week contract position, with the strong possibility of renewal and increased hours. The starting salary is $14 per hour, increasing to $16 per hour after a three-month probationary period. Extended health (50% coverage) and three-weeks annual holiday are included. International travel opportunities are available. Anticipated start date is May 13th, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by April 30, 2019, referencing Admin Coordinator in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.