Developing World Connections is looking for a highly organized, professional and energetic individual to join its team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Trip Coordinator will oversee all of the logistics required to mobilize and send volunteer teams to the developing world.
- Processes participant applications, booking forms, travel arrangements and fields any participant questions/inquiries.
- Tracks and notifies volunteers of payments received and balances due.
- Works in conjunction with associated travel agents to select travel itineraries and reserve airline tickets.
- Updates and maintains the client database and donor management system.
- Receives payments and maintains all travel records and documents.
- Works closely with the finance department to manage donation collection, records, receipting, and fund management.
- Assists with the facilitation of workshops, trade shows, PR functions and fundraising activities.
- Develops and maintains scheduling and budgeting of trips.
- Maintains current knowledge of DWC business, mandate, volunteer participant experiences, political stability of host countries and other information.
- Makes trips to university campuses and other venues to assist in the recruitment of international volunteers and TLs.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Training and Attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to provide high standards of customer service.
- Skilled in public relations and handling concerns.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, Microsoft Office Suite.
- In-depth understanding for the culture of developing world countries.
- Strong organization skills and excellent work ethic.
- Outgoing and able to easily converse and interact with groups and individuals.
- Degree in relevant field with two to three years’ experience in customer service and/or event planning.
- Preference given to those who have international travel experience/ experience of the developing world.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Starting salary is $17.50 per hour, increasing to $18.50 after a six-month probationary period. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
Interested candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Trip Coordinator in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.