DWC is looking to recruit an experienced and reliable Finance Coordinator to perform daily accounting, finance and customer relations services. As an international NPO, the Organization relies on volunteers, fundraising and grant revenue. Accurate, transparent and timely financial reporting is key to the Organization’s success. The Finance Coordinator will be an experienced internal bookkeeper who is organized and motivated to use their expertise to support the financial stewardship of the Organization.
The ideal candidate has a passion and desire to make a positive difference both locally and internationally. You enjoy global travel and giving back personally and professionally. You can see how excelling in the Finance role with DWC contributes to the overall effectiveness of the organization and contributes to our vision and mission making a positive impact throughout the world.
• Conducts full cycle monthly bookkeeping, including processing internal payroll, AR (invoicing, collections), AP (cash disbursements) and prepares of monthly bank reconciliations,
• Prepares monthly financials, including budget to actual analysis, and makes presentations to the ED/BOD
• Conducts analysis of department/project budgets, including reconciliation of expenditures on an ongoing basis,
• Manages cash flow,
• Ensures organizational compliance with CRA charity regulations,
• Maintains all financial records as required by regulators,
• Prepares annual audit package for external auditors,
• Responds to customer/staff enquiries regarding invoices, financial policies, and financial activities,
• Develops, monitors and evaluates certain finance and administrative controls/systems,
• Provides training and support to staff as required,
• Performs other duties as required.
• Certificate in Bookkeeping or Accounting Technician Diploma plus 3 – 5 years recent, related full cycle accounting/bookkeeping experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered,
• Proficient with software applications such as Sage Simply Accounting and Microsoft Office,
• Experience preparing and analyzing annual budgets,
• Strong written and verbal communication skills,
• Ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment,
• Strong presentation skills,
• Solid understanding and experience with foreign currencies,
• Proven customer service experience,
• Proven ability to establish, prioritize and accomplish goals with a high degree of organization and accuracy,
• Experience working with NPO and Board of Directors preferred, specifically departmental/project reporting,
• I.T. experience highly desired.
Salary commensurate with experience. 50% employer paid benefits and 3 weeks paid vacation included. International travel opportunities are available after an initial six-month probationary period.
Please forward resumes, including 3 professional references, to Joshua@developingworldconnections.org referencing finance coordinator in the subject line.