Welcome aboard. We look forward to you joining one of our volunteer abroad trips to make the world a better place.
How to apply:
- Contact us by email at email@example.com, call us toll free at 1-866-458-8209 or phone us locally at 250-434-2524, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Pacific Time).
- We will send you an email with a link to an online application as well as deposit information.
- Follow the steps in the email to apply and pay.
- Apply online for your chosen trip. If you would like a paper application, print off this paper DWC Volunteer Application and scan and email or mail it to us.
- Send in your trip deposit online if you are directed to do so in the email. A deposit of $500 CDN is required with your application, unless there are reasons for delaying payment. We will immediately acknowledge receipt of your application and deposit payment.
- If you are fundraising for your trip, let us know and we’ll send you a guide to help you.
The finer details:
Our basic trip package includes food, accommodation, ground transportation, a $500 contribution to the in-country partner and the support of the DWC team at home and your destination.
Volunteer projects usually involve some physical activity, sometimes at high altitudes. Participants should be in good physical health to join a team but we don’t turn anyone away.
International travel always has some level of danger. All team members participate at their own risk. Prior to departure you will be asked to fill out a personal health form and submit a liability waiver. Participants under the age of 19 must have a parent or guardian fill out a separate liability waiver well before departure.
You will need a current passport valid for six months past your travel dates. To ensure you get your passport well ahead of your departure date, allow 20 weeks for your passport application to be processed (new or renewal).
If you have other questions or want more information before registering, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to provide answers.